Sunday 30 December 2007

30.12.07: nerd

In my mind I am a practical man, this bears little relevance to real life but we all have our own delusions, so I’ve never had any interest in technology beyond its immediate application in improving my life. Now, however, I find myself with a blog. What next? Writing html and speaking Klingon?

Here in the blogosphere (oh dear, is this how it starts?), I rub virtual shoulders with people I had previously assumed are so excruciatingly tedious they can’t find anyone to communicate with normally or so insane as to be incomprehensible to all but fellow believers that Lady Diana was murdered by the descendants of space reptiles.

I was, of course, wrong. Jon Snow has a blog for goodness sake. Bloggers are fascinating fellows making some very pertinent points. My new technological interest has also taken a more sedate turn—I’m at the cutting edge of pillow internet radio technology. Now I can lie in bed, tiny speakers in my pillow whispering Radio 4 via an internet radio connected to the web using the magic of Wifi. It is pathetically reassuring to know I will be able to hear the pips followed by “This is London” from La Paz.

2 comments:

DevilGrub said...

Unbelievable, take stick from you all day about finally joining Facebook (as a self-confessed nerd this is akin to slashing my wrists) and you start writing a blog!

Having supported your many past sallies into the digital world I look forward to seeing you operate from a third world country.

Joining your comments on hobbies; your need to learn Spanish; and your burgeoning online confidence - can I suggest an online petition for more ski lifts? Far more likely to visit if you are successful.

Anonymous said...

Well done you for grabbing your own little piece of this world wide t'interweb thingy. It could really catch on!

Of course every blog needs a catchy title and following in the wake of 'The Miliblog' and the 'Web Cameron' 'Stibblog' lends itself rather well as a working title I think. Or how about BoliBlog? Yes I think I like that :-)